L'espalier - Cheese Tuesday *October*

Everyone who knows me knows I love L'espalier, and I love cheese, so the Cheese Tuesday dinners are perfect for me. Check out the pictures below, and maybe I'll see you at the next Cheese Tuesday!


The table settings at L'espalier are always gorgeous, and so much attention is paid to the details.



The first course was a pairing of Lucien Albrecht Brut Rose from Cremant D'Alsace with Apple Street Farm beet salad with quark, cranberries, and walnuts. I never knew how much I liked quark until I had this salad!



The next pairing was a 2007 Movia "Veliko Blanco" Ribolla Blend from Slovenia and pappardelle with roasted butternut squash and duck confit; creme fraiche and fromage blanc. This was my favorite pairing of the night; the food was decadent and delicious, and the wine went so well with it!



The third pairing was a 2010 Amadieu "Romane Machotte" from Gigondas and roasted loin of lamb with feta and sausage stuffed Apple Street Farms pepper. I adore lamb, and this one was cooked to perfection! The wine went excellently with the lamb, as well.



The final pairing of the night was a 2010 Boulay "Clos de Beaujeu" from Sancerre and the L'espalier cheese sampler. I'll get into more detail on the cheese below, but just look at how awesome that plate is - full of yummy, very ripe cheeses!


All of the cheeses last night were from Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery, and the Cheese Maker Joey Conner gave us a bit of information about how each of the following cheeses were made. Very informative!


The first cheese was a creamy goat cheese, with honey and pepper. So good!


Second was the Cremont - one of my favorites!


The Bijoux was next; I hadn't tried this before, but I'm so glad it was included. It was definitely my style of cheese!


Coupole came next, another excellent creamy and very ripe cheese, just perfect.



The last cheese was another cheese that I had never had before, Bonne Bouche. As you can tell from what I've written and the picture, this is definitely a cheese that I enjoyed - quite a bit!



It's hard to go to L'espalier and *not* have a glass of tea, because the blends are so good. I had to have my favorite, L'espalier's Afternoon Blend, with a little bit of sugar, to end the night. What an awesome night it was! Check out my take home gifts; originally, I only had the Bijou sample to take home, but when I told the people from Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery how great their cheese is, they gave me the Bonne Bouche as well!

The next Cheese Tuesday is on November 27, 2012 at L'espalier - I've got my reservations already, maybe I'll see you there!  

Comments

Popular Posts