Temazcal Tequila Cantina, Mi Tierra Tortillas, and the Boston Local Food Festival

The Boston Local Food Festival is all about supporting healthy, local food for everyone, which is something I definitely support as well, so when I saw that they were looking for bloggers for the 2015 festival, I quickly signed up. My first assignment was to write about a wonderful local company, Mi Tierra Tortillas. Mi Tierra has two types of tortillas they create, using either conventional or organic corn, water, and lime, and made using traditional processes. According to Mi Tierra's website, they are available at approximately a dozen shops in the Boston area, at the restaurants Kirkland Tap and Trotter, Clover, Craigie on Main, and Temazcal Tequila Cantina, and they will of course also be at the Boston Local Food Festival.


I love Mexican food and hadn't yet been to Temazcal, so it seemed like a great idea for lunch yesterday. After I arrived and was quickly seated, the waitress brought over tortilla chips with a trio of dips including a spicy vegetarian salsa and a sweeter salsa verde. 


Since it was a tequila bar, I had to order a margarita, right? So I went with the Fresca, which was made with Milagro Silver, cucumber, strawberry, blood orange, passion fruit, mint, and fresh lime juice.


I also couldn't pass up some awesome guacamole, served in a very cool bowl and made with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and Serrano chiles. 


The chef recommended the Asada skirt steak tacos, so I ordered those right up, and was so glad I did. The steak was cooked perfectly, and topped with a lil salsa rioja, radish, pickled Serrano chile, and avocado. The tortillas tasted fabulous, as I'd expect from Mi Tierra, and the food and drink were wonderful. I will definitely check out Temazcal again!

Comments

Popular Posts